Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Trippin' out East



Thanks, Russell, for that last lovely update. I realize that the blog has received some neglect and has probably lost all possible readers, but I will begin the catch-up nonetheless.

SO, in April, we took a trip to Pryor, Oklahoma to visit with Kelly (Russell's mom) and Jim (stepdad) during my Spring break. It was the perfect break from our "everyday." All of the days sort of blurred together because we did so much relaxing and hanging out. We visited a few consignment shops--there were so many good ones!--spent some time outside, played with the animals (dogs, horses, the duck, etc.) rode on some horsies, and really had a good time visiting. I have no idea when we'll go out again, but I hope it's not too far away!

Gettin' a feel for the animals. Check out the beautiful landscape! It's not all "Grapes of Wrath/dust bowl" at all! Judge not, folks.


Going through Russell trunk o' memories that his mom had with things like report cards, school assignments, pictures, and baby things. He wrote some funny stuff as a kid! Nice to know he was (is) smart, though.

Russell let me wear his jacket...I think that means we're finally officially going steady.
The Horse Whisperer


Riding horses: C.J. on Poopsie, Russell on Rusty, Daisy in the background
My mom saw these pictures and said, "You look kind of lumpy, not pregnant." That's probably why pregnant people shouldn't ride horses: not attractive. (Not to mention that falling off is extra bad and it kind of hurt my stomach muscles after a while...my dr. did approve, though.)
At one of the second-hand store. It's a good thing we had limited suitcase space or I would have brought back far too many things.
Kelly, Russell, and Jim. :)
On our way back from the airport, we stopped in Sacramento area for the blessing of cousin Matt and Courtney's baby, Luke. Cute little guy and cute little great aunt! :)

1 comment:

  1. You would get the horse called Poopsie...
    Yeah, it's about time you updated this thing. Don't worry -- you'll get people bugging you nonstop to keep it updated once the new guy comes. Goo' luck with everything!
    (Atrium... funny!)

    ReplyDelete