Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Gender Anticipation

Today (in less than 2 hours) we have our "Anatomy Scan" ultrasound appointment.  We had an ultrasound at 9 weeks for about 90 seconds; just enough to see we were packin' doubles: 


 And a bonus ultrasound at about 14 1/2 weeks in SoCal when we visited my sister, Tina at work.  Tina did a great job looking all around for some gender indications, but the little wiggle worms must have been playing "mermaid" and kept their legs together the whole time!  She took a guess, but we still feel like our odds of pink and/or blue are still about 50-50.

Baby B Profile
 Baby A's good side (?) and maybe Baby B's backside!
Both!  (Top of the heads/inside the brain view)  You can see little fists poking up, too.

Russell and I are taking Ty in with us partly because we didn't want to get a babysitter and partly so he can see the babies, too.  I hope he understands a bit of what's going on because at this point, I'm WAY more excited for him to have siblings than he is.  :)

We will be happy with any combination of baby genders.  Having 3 little boys could be lots of fun and fairly simple as far as "stuff" goes...and then we would be ninja turtles for Halloween.  (Already promised and planned that one!)  2 little girls would be fun, too.  I can already see the cutesy, matchy stuff I'd plan to make.  If we could choose, though, I think we would pick one of each.  It seemed to work out well for Kai and Annelise, and as a parent, I feel like this would help avoid comparisons between the 2.  Plus, if I were having a singleton, I wouldn't have a preference.  Why not just have both, right?

On a different, but related note, I've been feeling a little motion in my ocean...uhh, abdomen.  Somebody, who shall remain nameless (until he or she is born), has been moving around on the left side so that we can see a little "bomp" every now and then starting on Sunday.  I didn't start feeling any movement while pregnant with Ty until about now, but I know I didn't see it yet!  I wonder if that's because my uterus is already stretched more than a regular 19-weeks.  Right now it's exciting, especially for Russell, but I keep thinking "I bet this is going to get real old real fast..."

I'm excited and anxious...and happy.  :)

P.S. I would NOT like to thank Children's Place for having a clearance clothes sale right now.  $2.99 or $4.99 for a bunch of stuff, plus I had a 15% off total purchase coupon.  I may or may not have bought a few things about 5 hours too early...we may have to go back and make some returns after the appointment depending on the results!  I did get some sunglasses for $3 for Ty, though, and considering that he wore his other pair ALL during church on Sunday, I'd say it's a pretty good purchase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment