Sunday, July 24, 2011

1!!!

Today is our Ty's 1st birthday!  We didn't really do too much exciting stuff, but he didn't complain.  He did have a new lovely bib to wear to church today.  A handful of people asked if it really was his birthday (or what--we were just recycling bibs?  Yeah, sounds like something I might do...), and it was kind of fun to tell 'em it really was.  I picked up a mylar balloon on Thursday while out doing some serious Dollar Store birthday shopping, but was sad to see that this morning, it was pretty...wilty.  Ty liked looking at it, but unfortunately it decided to leave us through the open door and flew away right after we got home from church.  I tried looking for it, but alas, 'tis gone forever.  We'll get him another one tomorrow, since it kind of was my fault (for buying the balloon early and opening the door...).  We (I) did make him a cake, which was a BIG sacrifice because it's been in the 90s and we don't have air conditioning, so turning on the oven is not a good idea plus I have zero of my cake decorating supplies up here that I have recently obtained and taken a class to use.  A cake I did build, just don't judge.  That's about as birthday-y as we got!  We actually have a party for him coming up, which I'm really excited (probably too much) about, but we're happy to celebrate today, too.  
 "Wait--what's today?!?"
 "It's my birthday!!"  Yep, you're lookin' at proud 1-year-old.
 After practicing destroying a cake during his 1-year photos, Ty is a seasoned cake destroyer.  He actually liked eating it this time!
 See? 
 Since Ty had already rubbed his head a number of times, I dared Russell to give Ty a frosting mohawk.  Obviously, he did and Ty went straight to a bath. 
 And because he's one, as a special birthday treat, we decided to let him try milk...as in cow's milk...as in "does your body good" milk...as in the world of baked goods has just been completed for him.  Plus, I love the texture he created with the frosting and big ol' cake chunk on his cup.
 The whole b-day celebratory gang!  Thanks, camera timer.  (Why does Ty look almost the same size as us?  Big dude...)
Happy Birthday, our favorite little guy!  We're happy you're here and love you lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment