Thursday, July 14, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

Yeah, raindrops on roses and kitten whiskers are all good, I guess, but I decided that I needed to record some things that I really like about Ty right now.  In no particular order:

--At night (and for naps) he goes into his crib so easily.  Sometimes he sits and plays for a while (I know because I've peeked on him and can hear him talking/singing sometimes), but he eventually goes to sleep on his own.  Sometimes at night when I sing him half a song, he's already reaching for his crib.  Some may say this is his way of saying, "Shut your pie hole, Mama" but I don't think so.

--Ty sleeps all night long: 12 hours.  This has been going on for a couple of months and it is nice.

--When giving hugs, which he does a lot (another favorite thing), he will pat me on the back.  I do this to him and I suppose he picked it up!

--He loves vegetables and will eat a high chair tray-full of peas one at a time.  This allows for me to get some dinner, too!

--Ty will pretty much go to anyone who puts their arms our for him.  He gets especially happy when he sees another baby/little kid.

--His "first phrase" that he's been repeating lately is, "Oh, no no no!"  You have to hear it to truly understand how adorable it is though.  I don't think that we tell him "no" a ton, but he seems to like to say it!

--I do "This little piggy.." (does that have a real name?) and "A family goes on a hiking trip..." little rhyme and action things to him and he cracks up.  I love hearing him laugh and besides tickling, it's fun to have some go-to actions I know he'll laugh at.

--Sometimes he'll just come up to me, pull himself next to/on me and just smile so big.  This is especially a favorite if I'm on the floor and he pulls himself up on my back and bends around to get me to look at him and smile.  I can tell he loves me, too.

--Ty LOVES playing with any ball, much to his father's delight.  He has a $1 grocery store ball (you know the plasticy-rubbery kind I'm talking about) and a little plush Seahawks football and will crawl to it fast when he sees one, pick it up, and throw it.  Dude's arm is pretty good, too!  He'll chase the ball, and repeat for a long time.  Sometimes it's fun to play "catch" with him and throw the ball back and forth.

--We are fortunate that his hair has grown in in such a manner that it looks evenly dispersed on his head.  I love to play with it and can see some little curls forming in the back.

I like this happy guy.  I can't believe he'll be 1 next week!   

2 comments:

  1. The big 1 year!! Isn't it great that however old Ty is, will be the same number of years Ryan and I have been married. :) Glad to share it with the little guy. I wish you guys were closer!! I'm going to have to see if we can stop by for lunch on our way to California next Friday. Will you be around? Maybe you can meet us in Tahoe at the beach? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That factoid about Ty loving peas made me laugh, since I used to squish each pea on my highchair tray as a child before I ate it. Good times. Glad to hear that he is also a lover (although non-squisher) of vegetables.

    ReplyDelete