Monday, April 1, 2013

Addendum to "Monster Trucks"

Ty is so cutely obsessed with Monster Trucks right now.  He made some "jumps" for his 2 monster truck toys to go over by wrinkling up part of the blanket on his bed.  This morning he called me to come into his room, which is odd because usually after he wakes up he just comes out, and said, "Watch Grave Digger do this jumps!"  Of course he waited for me to cheer and express how impressed I was and then did more jumps, too.  I loved it...loved that he was using his imagination and being a little boy playing with trucks!

When Russell came home from work, Ty called Daddy into his room to watch more cool, cool tricks that Grave Digger can do.  He also spent about 45 minutes looking at the program (which is pretty thick and does have some great pictures) from the Monster Jam show.  I looked at it with him for a while and he told me who all of the trucks are and asked me, "Can you say words?" meaning, "Can you read the stuff on the page out loud?"  I'm surprised (but then again, not) at how quickly he has learned the names of the trucks and how into them he now is!

Tonight when he went to his room at bedtime, he wanted to kneel by his bed and drive his trucks around on the course he created.  I convinced him to at least sit on his bed and drive his trucks up there.  I helped him up and sat him down then he started crying/whining.  I couldn't understand what he was saying for a while then made out, "But I'm squishing my jumps!"  How rude of me to make him ruin his Monster truck ramps and jumps he so carefully set up!  Pretty sure he's sleeping right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's snuggled up with Grave Digger.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment