Monday, April 1, 2013

Hoppy Easter, One and All.

Easter came quickly this year; I didn't even have any decorations up.  That's all well and good, though, because I'm pretty sure I don't even have any decorations...unless you count the green, plastic Easter grass that's strewn on the floor.  Anyway, we know it's not about the decorations or eggs (that will probably be dyed tomorrow or even Wednesday) or jelly beans.  Easter is about the miraculous resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Its significance for us is beyond our comprehension, but I know it means that I can become perfected and live again with my Heavenly Father and family eternally.  That's definitely reason to celebrate.

We got to go to an Easter egg hunt at "our" park around the corner from our house with other kids in our ward.  Ty didn't really get the urgency of finding the eggs and was more interested in the cars parked around the area.  Oh, well--he still had fun!

Getting ready for the prayer before starting the hunt since it was a church-sponsored activity. 
"Hey--an egg!  What's this doing in the park?"
Now he's getting the hang of it.
Daddy lifted Ty up to find an egg in a tree
Mommy got to lift Ty up, too!
Introducing the idea to Ty of going and actually playing at the park since most of the eggs were found and I think Ty's enthusiasm was waning.
Lila girl is so good at giving hugs/grabbing faces and hair.  :)
I also have started the tradition of having Easter clothes for our kids.  I know it's not much of a unique tradition, but until they protest, our kids will probably be matching. ;)  This year I found this plaid shirt for Ty then, although I found coordinating dresses for the girls, I decided to make them skirts and accessories for less than 1/2 the cost.  The fabric for the skirts wasn't too easy to work with, but no hemming was involved and I lined them with part I cut from an old shirt of mine.  Plus, it's kinda fun to have a reason to force myself to make stuff.  I like that crafty/sewing thing, but it's a bit of a mess and time taker-upper.  (Colors are really muted here...don't know why.)

The Easter bunny was kind to our children (and us, the bunny does leave stuff for Russell and I, too).  We are lucky that Ty is impressed by things like $1 Hot Wheels cars and licorice.  He also did get a new Pixar movies Kinect xbox game that we all can play together.  (He's actually playing it right now--driving with Mater and McQueen!)  He also got an Angry Birds t-shirt that I hear his mom was going to give to him anyway, but stuck it in his basket instead.  Ty also got candy and at first was like, "Can I eat this one jelly bean?"  Later on in the day he kept popping in and saying, "I ate a green jelly bean!"  "I ate a red one!"  "I ate another purple jelly bean!"  He also decided to open and eat his Cadbury cream egg all by himself.  And we let him.
Avery was totally into pulling stuff out of her basket.  The twinsies got some nail polish, bibs, baby puff snacks, and little necklaces. Russell will be nice and eat the Cadbury cream eggs they got.  :) 
 Little just-woke-up Lila was even dressed in her bunny jammies!
 
Our post-church, pre-lunch pictures were less than super successful.  Big thanks to Russell for humoring/tolerating me and taking the pictures while I tried to bribe, entertain, and prop up our kids.

Handsome Ty-Ty!  He came home from church and impressed us with what he learned about Easter and Christ's resurrection, "The angels came and pushed the big rock.  And Jesus comed out."  True.
 Sweetie Lila with her pretty blue eyes and pinky cheeks.
 Avery rolled over and got into the puffs container, the bribe I was using for pictures.  :)
 She wasn't too happy when I took them away.
This little Miss Priss pulls some funny faces.

 Mama and Lollipop
 Mama and Avey Baby
One of our failed attempts at twins together pictures...they just grabbed and ate each others' necklaces.
Yeah, Avery was not cooperating.  I don't even know what she was grabbing at, but girl was totally bent in half trying to get away.
 ...And we're done.
 Cute kiddos, anyway, even if they are all looking in different directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment