Monday, August 22, 2011

The Beefstick

Russell and I have adopted the title of "Beefstick" to mean "the bigger man, the one who does good stuff despite circumstance/actions taken against them."  It came about a few months back when we were having a conversation and I told Russell I would like to be called Beefstick.  He then informed me that it was a man's nickname and not for me.  Later that evening, I did something nice (like the dishes, made dinner, got him a treat...stuff I usually do, I guess) for him even though he was poking a bit of fun at me (easy to do) and I then, rightfully could claim the title of beefstick because, at the time, I was the bigger man.  There you go: the origin of the Beefstick.

That said, I just had an opportunity to be the Beefstick and I'm indulging myself for a moment and basking in my beefsticky-ness and it makes me happy.  That is all.  :)

1 comment: