Monday, August 29, 2011

Bits and Pieces

In no particular order, here are things I deem of note:
-Today is the first day of school for many across the state of Nevada including Russell.  He wasn't particularly excited about going back to class, but summer can only last so long.
-Today also marks the day of my "new leaf" program, which actually isn't quite formed yet.  I have some goals that I plan to accomplish starting today.  They include:
   ~following a budget (to be created during Family Home Evening tonight)
   ~exercising at least 3 times a week.  My secret is out: I am poo at exercising and don't do it.  Sure, I walk around plenty of stores pushing a stroller, but it's definitely not for the purpose of exercising.  I have to start somewhere, so 3x sounds doable to me.   
   ~waking up at/before 7:30 a.m., which really isn't that early, but I need a definite "wake up" time.  (Exceptions apply to nights that are rough for Ty: I'm the helper-parent-at-night due to the fact that I don't have school.)
-I may or may not have used the excuse of Ty's rough night last night (he took a nap from 5-10:20 p.m., but I didn't want to wake him up and was awake from 10:20-12 a.m. and finally went to sleep!) to not have to wake up "early" so I stayed up even later and read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  I read about 200 pages yesterday, which is more than I probably read last year.  (Okay, that's an exaggeration, but the book is really good--sucks you in!)
-Last night Ty--for the first time ever--peed on me.  I was changing his diaper and was a bit slow, but he fired and got me on my leg (among other things).  It scared me, which scared him and he started bawling.  Big baby.  Uhh...I mean, poor little guy.
-I want to buy school supplies.  I have no need for them at the moment; we're still pretty stocked up from previous years, but they're just so cheap right now.  Buying school supplies is like celebrating a holiday.
-Before my good dream about my 10-year high school reunion, I had a dream that I had a Middle Eastern stalker who came to our front door and Russell said, "Oh, yeah, go on back to our room and see her.  She's still asleep."  Seriously, Russell?!  How could you betray me?  I'm pretty sure I'm over it because it was only a dream...  Interpret that, please someone.
-Ty is fun.  SUH-WEET!  I was just about to type, "I would put recent pictures up, but I've misplaced my camera...again," but I looked up from the computer screen and saw our camera sitting on a little shelf.  I don't know why I didn't see it there before.  Russell will be so proud of me for actually finding something.  To celebrate this victory, here's a picture from a few weeks ago.  We were playing at the park and Ty kinda face-planted in the sand giving a lovely 2/3 sand beard.  (Ignore my goofy look)

That is all for now.  I have to get back to reading my book!

1 comment:

  1. i love these goals. in fact, i have some of the very same. i am so bad at waking up in the morning. i usually just let Bo wake me up, but i love the mornings when i am able to get up before him and have a little time to myself before he gets up and demands all my attention. also, budgeting! why is it so hard? good luck!

    ReplyDelete