Monday, October 3, 2011

Wedding/High School Reunion

I love celebrating things: birthdays, weddings, anything used as a reason to celebrate...you get the idea.  I was incredibly excited to go celebrate the marriage of 2 individuals last weekend!  I flew with Ty and Michelle W. (who was a lifesaver on the flights to and from with a wiggly, nap-less little boy who wanted to push anything that looked like a button and grab/throw anything that looked like a ball) home for a quick trip to be in attendance at Amy Encalada--I mean Amy Dibble's wedding.  I've known Amy since we were in kindergarten, but we really were great friends in high school.  I'm so glad that I could go and that so many of our "group" from high school could be there, too!  Unfortunately, not everyone could make it, but it was awesome to be able to catch up with old friends.  My camera died partway through the festivities, but I'm fairly confident that I'm not the only one who was taking pictures. ;)  
 
Here comes the bride, who looked perfectly gorgeous, by the way.
 The setting was beautiful: at a flower farm in the evening.  The weather was perfect, everything seemed like it went smoothly, and good times were had.  I hope everything was just how Amy and Tyler wanted it.  They sure seemed happy!
Our group!  I really like these people and am glad we have opportunities to stay in touch.  4 marriages, 5 babies, lots of degrees, and tons of experiences later, we can still have a fun time with each other.
FYI, because I know you were wondering [not], Russell said I could get a new dress for the occasion.  I know black isn't really ideal for a wedding, but I didn't have much time and it was on super sale  for $14.97 (like I'd buy anything that wasn't) and I found the shoes for $5.99!  I really like them and they're actually quite comfy for as tall as they are.  The necklace was also part of The Ensemble and because it was missing the earrings that were supposed to be with it, was also only $5.99.  Suh-weet.  Sorry for the boring closing to the post.

As you can see from his absence in any pictures, Russell wasn't able to come (something about studying for school, whatever that means), but it was almost better that he didn't so that he didn't have to be bored with our "remember when in high school..." stories and such.  I'm lucky to have such good friends--makes me excited for our annual Christmas breakfast only a couple months away!

1 comment: