Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Contents of my Purse

I recently bought a larger purse so that I could carry it around with a few diaper/Ty things in it rather than keep on lugging a not-as-fashion-friendly diaper bag around.  (Because fashion is always so important to me...)  So far, I've liked having a bag with less pockets to shove things.  Somehow, though, I don't exactly pack "light."  After returning from the Kids' Club at the mall and a trip to the grocery store, I decided I should probably empty out my purse because it was pretty full.  Here's what was in it:

  -My 24 oz. water bottle
  -Ty's 10 oz. sippy cup, which leaked pinkish water in my bag (the REAL reason I cleaned it out)
  -2-days worth of mail I picked up on the way in
  -a pound of mixed dried fruit
  -2 dark chocolate Hershey's nuggets (ironically enough, prizes I won for having stuff in my purse at the latest Relief Society activity)
  -crackers and cheese snack pack
  -1 tissue left in my travel tissue pack
  -used tissues (recently used to clean up spilled juice)
  -ziploc baggie of Goldfish crackers
  -2 flavors of Mio drink flavoring: fruit punch and mango peach (I recommend these for you non-plain-water drinkers out there)
  -my phone with only 1/2 a case (it broke a few weeks ago)
  -my fabric wallet with now a lovely pink corner
  -a black pen
  -a yellow highlighter
  -coupon/gift card organizer I need replace since it is pretty worn out
  -Ty's diaper pouch (inside: only 1 diaper, wipes, diaper disposal bags)
  -travel toothpaste
  -Kids travel toothpaste
  -travel baby shampoo
  -fucshia nailpolish
  -travel size hang sanitizer
  -lip gloss
  -a gummi pizza  (??)
  -a pet rock  (no, seriously; "Ty" made it at the Kids' Club thing)
  -a birthday present we bought at the mall for someone that might read this so I can't disclose any more
  -about 3 receipts
  -2 empty plastic baggies
  -2 See's candy samples, one of which was smashed, but luckily not too much for me to eat it

...And that's it!  Sorry this is pretty lame to record, but it struck me as ridiculous how much stuff was in my "traveling light" bag.  Now that it's cleaned out, though, it's time to fill 'er back up again!

[In an effort to make this post a little more worth looking at, here's pictures after coming home from the Mall Kid's Club 2 weeks ago.]

Model Shot?
 
Ty won a medal for finding a sticker on a chair!  I hope this isn't the only award he ever receives, but you have to start somewhere.
 I like this blurry, whiney face.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Go Ty!
    It's funny, I won a similar RS thing once for having scissors in my bag. And I always carry a measuring tape. They are surprisingly handy, especially to keep kids entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, I love that you still ate the See's sample. Funny post!

    ReplyDelete