Sunday, April 22, 2012

21-month Ty

When people ask how old Ty is, I just say that he'll be 2 in July.  Partly that's because I forget how many months old he is!  On Tuesday, it'll be 21 months of life for our little guy and -/+ 5 months for our other 2!  (Oh yeah--in case anyone reads our blog and doesn't look at Facebook, we're expecting twins, due September 24th!)  Anyway, in so many ways Ty just seems so big and old to me--very much not a baby anymore!  He's lots of fun to play with and demands lots of playing time lately.  Mostly, we love it, but it's hard to get studying or dinner-making or napping done when Ty's in play mode and that's pretty much all the time.  :)  For example, Ty will pick up the xbox controller, bring it Russell, and ask to watch football (as in, watch Russell play Madden 2012).  Or jump on us and wrestle, which I'm just about taking myself out of on account of Ty's inability to be gently to my tummy where the babies live.  We've got a lot to teach him about being a "soft" big brother!

Classic Ty face: the WHOLE thing smiling!
Sometimes all of his playing just knocks him out...wherever he is, even in Uncle Hunter's car that he loves to hear the "vvvrroooom"-ing in. 
 Ty watching video of himself: still one of his favorite past and present times.
 A few weeks ago we were eating rice and stir fry and I had chopsticks.  Ty wanted some, too, so we obliged.  He actually was somewhat successful, much to our surprise!
 
 Ty likes playing with the squirt bottle, which I'm sure we'll appreciate more when the weather heats up.  This day, I appreciate Ty helping me spray my hair--so helpful!
 Ty's a fan of anything with wheels.  Here I caught him spinning the wheels on his stroller, which I really don't care about, I just thought it was funny how he looked like a little mechanic.  :)
 (His hands are totally black, by the way.)
 Cute snuggly boy still likes Mama and Daddy, which we like, too.
 Ty likes fruit and will often ask for a "Buh-na-na" which he likes to eat like a big boy, holding the peel and taking huge bites--but not choking, thankfully.  He also likes to eat entire pears and apples, as seen with a pear below.
Ty got to come with me to our 17-week OB appointment for the twins.  He was very good while waiting for the dr. to come in and entertained himself on the "car" he found! 
 He also sat and played with his Aston Martin, "Moh-teen" and Lamborghini, "Ghini white car."  He had to come with me into the bathroom where I got to leave my sample.  When I was wiping off the full cup with a wet wipe, Ty said, "Mmm!  Dwink!  Dwink!"  I laughed and told him that this was yucky and we don't drink it.  I can see where he was confused...
 Ty got a Cars potty seat in his Easter basket, which was a slight suggestion, but not a push toward potty training.  (No, we're fully aware that we'll most likely have 3 children in diapers...oh, the $$$.)  Anyway, he wanted to sit on the potty and go "pee-pee" and he sure was excited about it!
Of course, a whole lot of nothing happened, but we support his potty enthusiasm nonetheless.  We do have to move the roll of TP...
Ty-Ty got to visit Daddy at school last week for their Pediatric Physical Therapy Lab where a few of Russell's classmates were assigned to a kid and observed/tested them on developmental stuff...at least, that's what I gathered was going on.  All Ty knew was that there were people asking him to play basketball and baseball, color in a coloring book, and eat snacks!  He had a fun time.
 Here we have Ty's face when the phone or camera is taken away from him. 
[Ty is playing with Russell's phone right now and Russell asked, "Are you on Facebook?"  Ty replied, "Mm-hmm."  Stop this madness.]
This was taken about 10 minutes ago.  Before stacking each block, he would say the letter/number and the color of it.  If he wants to have any fun in kindergarten, he needs to slow his learning down!  Oh, a bit about Ty and colors: lately, purple sounds like "poo-poo" and orange, for who knows why, has always been pronounced, "ah-meal" by Ty, so it sounds like "oatmeal."   This morning I asked him if he wanted to eat oatmeal and he kept saying, "Peek!  Peek!"  Russell and I finally realized he thought I was asking him if he wanted orange, and he was saying he wanted pink.  We laughed when we figured out what he was saying, which made him embarrassed and he cried.  [Oops.]  He did get some pink (strawberry) oatmeal in the end.  :)
We like Ty and it's fun that he's starting to talk and put 2-word phrases together, make requests of songs to sing, and point all kinds of stuff out...and he's only going to get more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment