Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wait--July already?!?

July is when I used to tell people my baby is coming and now I have to be a whole lot more specific! I have heard many a pregnant lady bemoan the fact that their baby is still in their stomach as their due date draws closer. While I'm not suggesting the little guy sets up camp permanently, I'm not yet anxiously anticipating this birth. I was thinking, "How did we get here?" I very clearly know the literal answer to that question, but I mean it in more of an "I'm almost a parent and there's no turning back/everything will change" sort of way. Am I excited? Yes. Am I nervous? I guess so, and perhaps my lack of "get-him-out-of-me-ness" shows that. Whatever emotions I do have will probably change tomorrow. As for now, let's see a few highlights of this journey from where we last left off:

Leslie and I were 10 weeks apart in due date--fun times. Now her cute little guy is here!
28 weeks along...

I had a fun 25th birthday/baby party from my good friends at Swope. Seriously, I am very lucky to have worked with such a great group of people.

34 weeks

This has very little to do with being pregnant and very much to do with eating at the GSR buffet. I'm finding that I'll eat until I feel full, but when the food settles in my stomach, I feel way full-er.
36 weeks for the both of us. Russell's baby seems somewhat stagnant...

I wish you could see how excited Russell really is. He's the best "nest-sitting" pre-father I've ever been married to. Only about 3 more weeks until the due date!

1 comment:

  1. I'm embarrassed to admit that I just now found your blog. But now I can stalk you more easily. Muhaha! Good luck with the baby thing and seriously listen to the advice of sleeping when the baby sleeps. That's all my advice. Oh, and boys are WONDERFUL! Love you, cousin!

    ReplyDelete