Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pretty Princess Pedicure Time!

Last night as I lay half-awake, I created about 3 blog entries in my head. I don't remember what they were about entirely, but I do remember thinking, "I wish I was awake enough to write these, I'm pretty funny right now." There was probably some good stuff in there! Anyway, I'm awake now (and was from 4-5 a.m.--what the heck?!) so I'll enter a bit.

Despite my weird dream [see last post] I did go get a long-awaited and needed pedicure yesterday with Heidi, my "roommate"/gracious host. We went into the fancy Wal-mart salon and walked right in. Since I'm a little pregnant, I didn't get the massage-y stuff turned on in my massage chair, so I had two things poking the same spot in my back the whole time while my feet were soaking...whatev.

Anyway, my nail technician (formal title, anyone?) did a decent job, but lacked a bit of "I'm happy to be doing this for you"-ness. I get it, lady: you scrape and paint people's feet for a living amidst a bajillion awful fumes and intoxicating smells. Plus, I dislike feet, so I try not to be too picky with anyone who has to mess with mine. (Oh, and for part of it she lotioned up my legs to my calves; pretty sure she commented to her co-worker about how un-shaven they were. He he. I have since remedied that issue.) So, I'm not really watching her work--I have better things to look at than my feet--and she's putting on the top coat and points out that the nail on my big toe is crooked/chipped because I have "weak nails." She also kind of said it like I should be ashamed; like unto a cavity at the dentist. And I'm thinking, "Well, duh. It's a wonder I can even SEE my toes. Do you really think I'm bending over long enough to do something about fixing them? Why do you think I'm here?" Since it was top coat time, she didn't file it out. Why? I don't know and at this point, I don't care.

In the end, I ended up with labor and delivery-worthy feet with little BLUE flowers on them because I'm having a boy. :) And if you made it this far reading my lame-o post about a pedicure, good for you. I'll reward you will some future posts of a cute baby. :)

2 comments:

  1. They always say lame things about my nails when I go there too. Don't take it personally.
    PS you are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Ty Lawrence! Can't wait for you to post pics!

    ReplyDelete