Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

That's right--we went to Disneyland!  Considering my family heritage, this should come as no surprise.  Russell went willingly, but not incredibly enthusiastically.  We had a fun time, though, and got to spend time with my parents and the Swifts (my sister and her hubby and kid).  I was very grateful to have others volunteer to wait with Ty off of the rides because, let's be honest, I like riding them!  The park was a little more crowded than we had hoped, but the weather was great and we still enjoyed ourselves...mostly.  Ty took as many opportunities as he could to mess his diaper including an explosion all over his clothes (and his not-so-smart mom didn't pack extra pants...) and a messy diaper which turned much messier when he decided to pee in the 2 seconds his diaper was off, which ended up all over himself and the floor in a Disneyland restroom.  Yuck.  Anyway, Ty did enjoy looking around at everything and was a great stroller-rider. 
Here we are getting ready for the park to open our first day!
 
 We took a few trips on the "Tortilla Factory Ride" and let Ty lick a tortilla for a few seconds. 
 This is a picture of the picture taken at the top of Tower of Terror (Russell's favorite ride).  So fun!
 Waiting for Soren to drive us somewhere in our Monsters Inc. taxi cab.  This was one of the few rides that Ty actually went on awake!
 Russell's either smiling because he's happy he's not on a ride or he's sitting next to his favorite wife...probably both. 
The quintessential Dumbo ride!  Russell was a fabulous photographer.  Ty and I were fabulous Dumbo-riders.

 Waiting in line (it's Disneyland--that's what you do) for Peter Pan.
 Russell's Magical Kingdom dream came true--he just wanted a turkey leg and boy, did he get one!
 Again, picture of a picture, but this time it's on Space Mountain, another favorite.  We were making our "intense" faces, in case you couldn't tell.
 Of course we couldn't leave the park without Ty getting a picture in one of these little beauties.  We're too cheap to buy a hat that he probably wouldn't wear for long and wouldn't care about, but it's free to take a picture!  He's such a sweet little sleeper, too.
 Awake or not, we're taking a family picture in the teacup!  Ty was so tuckered out.
 We stayed at a hotel for 2 nights then spent another day or so at the Swift's place.  Soren was nice enough to let Ty sleep in his bed.  He even came in in the morning and dropped a truck or 2 in for Ty to play with!
 There is a gorgeous view of the ocean from the church parking lot that these guys (my dad and my Ty) are showing off so well.  (Okay, so you can't really see the ocean, but it's there--promise.)
 Mor-mor (my mom) read stories to Ty, too.  He actually didn't try to eat the pages of this book!
We really did have a fun time and are grateful for family that lives close enough to drive and visit.  If anyone ever scored free passes and needs buddies to go to Disneyland with, Russell will probably be busy, but I'll be so ready to go again!

6 comments:

  1. Is that your Dad next to you on the tower of terror? It's hard to tell because it's fuzzy. If it is, that is an AWESOME face he's making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple things:

    1. Yes, your Dad's face on Tower or Terror is awesome. It's pretty great in the other picture, too.

    2. Turkey leg?

    3. Love Ty's face in the 'standing in line' picture. Classic!

    4. Your sister came to see me yesterday, and we decided Ty is the cutest baby ever created.

    5. Hope you had fun at dinner last night! Sorry I' such a lame-o and haven't called you in forever. I'll be better, I promise. But when I get home from work, all I want to do is thaw out from the freezing-ness that is Rexy. =) Ok, I'm being a little dramatic - it's not so bad...

    6. We love that Gourlie family! (And Pedersen's, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle: yes, that's my dad! Good ol' Uncle Chris.

    Kristin: You read me right--turkey leg. Think chicken drumstick but huge and tasting like smoked turkey. Poor one-legged turkey... We love you guys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I would like to now submit my photo on Splash Mountain (I don't know how to do fancy insert picture here mumbo jumbo, so here is the link haha): http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?fbid=470816172560&set=t.24601239&theater (ps, did that link even work? Facebook changed around how you view photos and now I'm just confused!)

    and 2. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for free passes, but this lady here has an annual pass, so anytime you feel like going, I'm your gal! Plus, I don't mind poop and pee and snot and spit up :) and since I don't eat meat, Russell can have my turkey leg! Everyone's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, please note that bean = Sheena. Apparently that's how I set up the account I never use, but need to make comments :)

    ReplyDelete