Sunday, February 27, 2011

Let's Go 50-50.

I didn't make any resolutions this new year.  Well, I didn't write any down, but I had a few in my head so I might as well have not had them at all.  This is the first year in a few I haven't made my yearly goals*, so I decided it's better late than never.  THEN I thought of a theme that I can have for the things that I want to do: 50.  Without further adieu, here they are:
1) Try 50 new recipes (I've already done 6: baked fish sticks, key lime pie, chicken asparagus mushroom bake, sweet potato stew/soup, oatmeal chocolate chip craisin cookies, rice pudding.)  I'm not going through one specific cookbook or only doing dinners, but I want to expand my knowledge and repetoire in the kitchen.  I'm a little behind since I only decided on this last week, but I am excited to try new things!
2) 50 Book Talks.  There's no way I'm reading 50 books, but I do need to up my reading lots, so I decided I would read at least 5 books and talk to/post about/share with others about it. Seriously, I read slow (mostly because my mind wanders/I fall asleep/get distracted by something else/play out what I just read like a movie) and I would much rather talk than read, so I need some kind of accomplishable reading goal. 
3) 50 Visiting Teaching visits.  My VT partner and I are assigned 4 ladies in our ward to visit.  It just so happens that we are way lucky and they're all awesome, already active, and friends.  I have to do my monthly visits plus a few here and there just because (maybe to share my latest recipe with!)  Anyway, I should be doing this, but it's important to
4) 50 Names.  Family History/Geneology is important.  I am lucky to have many who have helped fill out our family tree on my side of our little family, but my knowledge of Russell's side (and his, too) is meager.  I want to put 50 names into our family tree and get to some of our families roots!
5) 50 Random letters/emails.  I hate that I don't keep in contact with people very well--it's hard!  Plus, I feel like there are SO many people that I want to stay in touch with because they mean a lot that I would never be making new friends because all of my time would be spent reconnecting with old ones.  Anyway, I want to send letters/notes/love poems when I think about someone. 
6) 50 Blog Posts--I'm well on my way!  I like the idea of having a record of little and big things that have gone on.  I especially love having somewhere to put pictures.  This one (uh...along with the rest) will happen for sure.
So, there we go. I feel like there's something I'm forgetting, oh yeah--exercising.  I haven't quite decided what I want to do (50 hours?) yet, so I'm not setting it as a goal yet.  Good luck with your resolutions, me!
*Warning: self-motivation will be required.

No comments:

Post a Comment