Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, everyone.

I realize that the official day to celebrate Mom's was 2 days ago, but we're keeping the party going all week long in the Gourlie crib!  (And by party, I mean that Russell's studying tons for finals and I'm finding ways to keep myself occupied and keep Ty happy.)  Anyway, we enjoyed a lovely day at church and went to a friend's house for dinner and I was showered with gifts...sort of.  I'm impressed that Russell took some of his alone time last week to go shopping to multiple stores even.  [Side note--we just plugged in a Febreeze air freshener and it smells delish in here!  Come on over and take a big whiff of the air.]  Anyway, instead of breakfast in bed, I made myself a bowl of instant oatmeal--I'm pretty good at that. We did go to Red Robin on Saturday night for my b-day burger and Russell had flowers (in a vase and everything!) at home already.  He also took my watch in and had the battery replaced, which is something I've been meaning to do for awhile, but obviously hadn't done.  My last Mother's Day present was a straw dispenser with lovely plastic straws in it.  This means that Russell was listening when I said that we were almost out of straws, a drinking accessory that only I use.  Good one, Rufflebumpkins!  Ty gave me 0 blow-outs and lots of fun play time (see video), and that's just what I like.  We had a simple, but good day.  I'm not trying to give Russell a break because of finals or try to convince myself that I'm happy with the way the "holiday" turned out, because I'm completely satisfied.  I'm happy to be a mom and for the "moms" I have!

(Pleas pardon the fact that my legs are totally spread-eagle.  It's probably the easiest way to get this chunk-o-chunk-o-burnin-love on my lap.  Seriously, he doesn't really fit so well anymore!) 

P.S. Check this recent convo, please.
Russell:  We need to put up videos of us, too and not just the baby.
C.J.: Like what?
Russell:  I dunno.  Us doing awesome stuff...

Check back in to see if that ever happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment