Monday, May 9, 2011

Potpourri

1) In case you hadn't noticed, our blog recently got a makeover.  I was done with it being all gray/grey and was feeling the need for some color.  Voila!  Please let me know if it hurts your eyes.

2) Russell and I are a perfect match in almost every way.  Here is one apparent way that we are not: when tired, Russell gets sensitive and I get mean.  This means that I say snappy stuff I only half-remember and Russell takes them rough.  Good thing our love can conquer all--even the sleepies!

3) Today is Mother's Day and although it is the first year I can "legitimately" celebrate, we didn't do too much celebrating. Russell has finals next week (5 tests), a continuation of last week and is swamped with studying which I try to support.  In order to do so, I have to understand that I won't be pampered and waited upon and may even need to do the dishes and clean up the front room, which I did.  According to my up-bringing, on Mother's Day I'm not supposed to do these things, but since it's "my" day, I chose to. So there.  Besides, with a lovely Friday the 13th birthday, we'll be celebrating all week long during official Carolyn Celebration Week.  Mark your calendars and make some fun plans. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, man! Another thing we forgot -- I really wanted to find my squirt bottle and squirt Ty in the face. No, seriously. Looks like you'll just have to come out soon for sure.

    ReplyDelete