Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Sister Rescue: Part 1, NorCal

From Las Vegas Ty and I flew into San Francisco International on Virgin America airline.  I recommend it, by the way because it looks a bit like a club when you walk in, the plane (seats) was (were) fairly new, and you could watch TV or play games with the remote.  Plus, nobody was sitting next to us on the plane. This proved incredibly helpful when Ty wet his and my pants on our descent.  Aka, there was no getting up to go to the bathroom, so he was changed and pantsed on the middle seat and I sat with a big ol' wet spot on my leg.  (At least it was just pee, right?  With this boy on airplanes, it could have been much worse.)  Anyway, we got to spend a few days with my parents until they left for D.C. and then I watched Carl and Sawyer while Lel was at work all night.  Ty was less than cooperative and got a little jealous that I was paying attention to another baby; he showed developmental signs of mommy attachment.  The timing was less than perfect.  Speaking of timing, one nephew of mine was sick in the middle of the night, so I got to stay up with him for a while.  I would write more about it, but I'm going to have to respect his privacy on this one.  Due to a sick kid and lots to do before leaving for D.C. herself, Lel stayed home the next night, so I really wasn't as much help as I could have been. I was help, however, when Leslie was signing papers for her house (which I got to see!) for a couple of hours and had a baby blow out his diaper.  I was happy to go and visit and for Ty and Soy to get to play together, even if Sawyer did make Ty cry because 1) Soy is a little older/rougher and 2) Ty was being a pansy.  Next time I'll get to see the Espinoza's house when they actually live in it and my parents' house when nobody does.  We're growing up...
FINALLY!  After 3-4 attempts, pictures uploaded!

Post-wetting our pants, Ty is strapped in for the landing!  Actually, this is probably after we had landed.  He is fascinated with buckles lately! 
Cousin bath!  I love Ty's endless rolls.  He also obviously doesn't get the Pasty Pedersen coloring that Soy inherited.
 These 2 played with/fought over Leslie's keys for about 10 minutes!  Ty had to settle for a coaster.  (Check out the size difference here--there is none!)
 Mor-Mor with her (almost) matching grandboys watching Baby Einstein before bed.
 Carl was our fabulous photographer for this one where I struggled to hold and smile with 2 wiggly little boys!
 Since Sawyer is the mobile one, he took the liberty of crawling right over Ty.  Sometimes it was funny, sometimes Ty got upset.  Toughen up, Ty!
 "Walking" with G-g'pa.  Walking means that his feet get really excited and go way ahead of his body.
 With the G-g'parents!  (My mom's parents.) We're glad we got to see them during our visit and although it doesn't appear that way, the babies were too.


No comments:

Post a Comment