Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Sister Rescue: Preface

It was an afternoon like any other.  I had left my phone in the other room and to my great misfortune, had missed 2 whole phone calls!  The time stamps were 4:00 p.m. and 4:10 p.m.  Each missed call was from an older sister of mine and each older sister was requesting my presence in their home for a few days to assist in some way.  Okay, so it wasn't so much of a "rescue" as it was a "helping hand because I'm the sister with not a whole lot going on."  I accepted both offers and took 3 flight legs: Las Vegas to Oakland (then to Fairfield to babysit for Leslie), from Oakland to Long Beach (to help Tina with her "nesting/clean-sweeping"), then Long Beach to Las Vegas.  Ty came with me leaving Russell a bunch of quiet time to focus and study.  We knew we would miss him, but it was a beneficial trip for all parties involved.  In my final cake decorating class (Wilton basics at Joann's) I made this cake.  It's not super impressive, but it did taste good!


In order to not have to pay the baggage fee for Virgin America, I packed all of our (Ty and me) stuff in a duffle bag and his diaper bag and carried them on.  Although we knew we'd be gone for 7 days, we also knew we had use of a washing machine, dryer, and family members' clothing.  (Thanks again for the church clothes, mom.)  And off we went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment