Thursday, May 12, 2011

Note to Self

Here are a few things that have become apparent to me lately that I need to remember:

-Do NOT buy "Super skinny" jeans.  I decided to join the rest of society and buy a pair of skinny pants, but super skinny was definitely not for me.  The waist and tush fit so I know I had the right size, but my calves were bustin' out of those suckers!  I really felt like I was wearing denim paint that dried and crusted so it was difficult to walk.  I was afraid we'd have to break out the butter for me to get them off and was reminded of an shopping experience with me Dad when I was 6.  He took me to Mervyn's as part of our Special Day (1 day a year each kid did fun stuff with just Dad) and I was trying on some new jeans.  Since I was 6, my dad picked out a pair of size 6 jeans and said, "Oh, C.J., you're pretty skinny, so try size 6 Slim."  I tried to convince him otherwise--at least in my mind I did--but I put on the pants in the dressing room anyway.  30 minutes later, I finally got out of them!  From that day to today, I know, you know, we all know that I'm not a size "slim" or "super skinny."  Good thing I kept the receipt, because this pair of jeans is being returned. 

-Wear a poncho when giving Ty a bath.  He discovered splashing and loves it.  I, however, got all kinds of wet during his last bath, so I grabbed a towel for myself.  This proved to be a smart and helpful move.  Next time I will be prepared.

-If I wash all of our laundry, Ty will dirty up whatever he's wearing that day real good.  Like yesterday, for example: I did 2 loads of laundry (not tons, but that's all we had to wash at the time) and as soon as the dryer stopped with the last load, Ty throws up his lunch all over his pants and shirt.  That's the kind of thing I would have liked to include in the last load and don't want sitting around for a couple of days.  Also, he managed to blow out onto his onesie a few hours later.  Again, that would have been something I would have appreciated being able to throw in the washing machine.  You may be thinking, "Carolyn, you silly fool--don't wish more laundry upon yourself!"  I don't, but I do wish Ty had better timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment