Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birth Day at the Park

The actual celebration of a birthday gets less and less important/dramatic as the years go on.  So far, it's been 26 whole years for me!  I had a fun day with friends at the park and a real date with Russell.  Thankfully, finals had just ended and a relaxing day was exactly what we all needed.  Facebook spoiled me as far as friends sending b-day greetings.  Anyway, all together, it was a fun day.  

Last year on my 25th b-day we had a baby shower for this guy.  Now look at him!
Addie, Ashley, and Ty all have daddies in the PT program and we hang out fairly often.  It was amazingly difficult to get all 3 to look in the same place!  This was good enough...
 Again, a bit challenging to get everyone even staying still--Ty's trying to walk away!
 I can't believe how grown-up he looks here...
 Unintentionally, we were both matching our babies! 
 It really was the perfect day for the park.
Ty and Addie doing what they do so well.
Later that evening, Russell and I walked througth Caeser's Palace and went to the restaurant Serendipity III. There's another one like it in NYC (that we also went to summer 2008 when I worked out there) that's a lot more famous, but no more delish.  Here's what I look like 26.  Different?  Not really.
 I'm getting hungry just looking at this food!  It's a little pricey, but really good.  The atmosphere is kind of awesome, too, since the outside seating is right on the strip...as in the sidewalk is below the seating area.  (See next picture.) 
 Mmmm-mmmm.  And, if you do go to Serendips, you have to get a Frrrozen Hot Chocolate (also way overpriced, but way good).  This lovely dessert has been featured on movies such as "One Fine Day" and "Serendipity."  Russell and I shared it, but I'm pretty sure I could have had 2 more just like it.  ;)
 When I was getting ready for our date (ya know, like primping a bit and stuff), Russell came in and said, "Wow, you look good!"  Pretty sure that's all I needed for my birthday--made my night.  Love that man.  I suppose the b-day shopping to purchase some new clothes didn't hurt, either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment