Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Sister Rescue: Part 2, SoCal

(I realize that I'm a little behind, but some things have to be done first before the current stuff or I'll never do it!)

As you may have guessed from the last post, Ty and I did then travel down to Southern CA to visit with/help out Tina, Hunter, and Soren prepare for their little baby girl/sister coming in the next few weeks.  Our biggest goal was to clean out the closets and make space for the little one.  We ended up just about doing that, but unfortunately, not lots else.  The time went very quickly and we did go through lots, but there was also lots to go through.  We also hit up a big community garage sale in search of some baby items (for Ty, too) and found a bit of what we were looking for.  Successful enough, I suppose.

Look--another cousin bath!  
 Post-bath hair
 The closet doesn't look too bad, right?  There's plenty of room to put baby girl's stuff in!
 ...Just no more room to put the baby!  It was amazing to me how much there really was in the closet.  They're not even close to hoarders, but with time comes stuff!  We almost lost Ty in the process
 These two little goofballs played "together."  Soren fell victim to Ty's infamous stick-my-finger-in-your-mouth trick that he thinks is so hilarious.  Glad they're happy with each other.  Oh!  We attempted putting both boys in the same room to sleep and it worked out fairly well.  Ty woke up after they'd been in bed for a little while and, for those who have heard his cry, you know that it's impossible for anyone else near to continue sleeping through his hurricane warning-like wails.  Soren woke up and was saying, "No, baby Ty.  NO."  It was a little funny...  In the morning, though, Soren woke Ty up by singing "Old Macdonald" to him, so I guess they're even.
 Tuckered-out Ty-Ty in his new bigger carseat. :)
After being with the Swifts for a few days, we did eventually make it home.  I started out with one bag to check and Ty's diaper bag carried on.  From the stuff I accumulated from sisters and such, I ended up with 2 bags and Ty's diaper bag PLUS left the stroller in Tina's trunk.  I had a very difficult time carrying Ty and all 3 bags out of the airport!  Russell picked us up from the airport and after a birthday stop at Red Robin, we unpacked and settled back in. 

1 comment: