Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ty Update--10 months!

Ty is now 10 1/2 months old and he's developing quite the little personality!  Luckily, he puts his personality to rest quite easily and sleeps all night long (usually about 11+ hours) and either one 3-hour nap or 2 2-hour naps.  He rarely cries when put down and sometimes leans toward the crib.  He started crawling a few weeks ago and now that he can go where he wants to go and play with whatever he can get to, he sure is getting into LOTS!  I wasn't one who ever wished that he could crawl, so I'm fine that it took him a little longer than average to be mobile.  If he's crawling, though, he might as well be walking so that I don't have to carry him everywhere.  This dude is heavy!  By looking at him, you can tell that the crawling is slimming him down a bit, but it must all just be turning into muscle, because he's getting harder to lift.  He is super fun to play with, though and is such a little ham!  Sometimes he gets into stuff (cupboards, cords, etc.), but sometimes when he's quiet, I find him just reading books.  :) 
 If Russell or I are sitting down, Ty will crawl over and pull himself up our legs.  This action is accelerated if you're eating anything.  It's kinda cute because he just wants to play/cuddle/eat what you're eating. Occasionally it is less welcome like when one is trying to take a nap or in Russell's case below, play a game.
 Pulling himself up again, "Hiya, Momma!"  Actually, as I'm typing this, he came up behind me, is almost piggy-backing me (I'm sitting on the floor) and is reaching his head around to look at me.  Love this goober... [I stopped typing to play with him for a while and now that he's in bed, I'm finishing!]
 See?  More of the same. 
 I was doing something in the kitchen and gave Ty a mini Hershey bar to play with (ya know, crinkle the wrapper, toss it around...), but it was a bit of a mistake.  You see, I forgot about 2 important things: 1) Ty holds on to things for a very long time and most importantly 2) he now has seven razor-like teeth in his mouth.  He bit through the wrapper and was sucking out the chocolate that had melted in his hot little hand.   You outsmarted me this time, Tyzar...  We then put him in his high chair and gave him the rest.  I am pleased, however, that he was kind of indifferent toward it.  Might as well have given him green beans...now we know!
This "baby" is too big for my lap.  I do love to snuggle with him still.  He's such a cuddlebug, too.
While crawling around and playing, Ty stopped in this "posed" position for a while to watch part of Baby Einstein.  He's so funny!  We're lucky parents and we love our dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment