Friday, June 24, 2011

Subbin' Adventures

 I am fortunate enough to be employed as a Clark County School District Sub, so I can work whenever and wherever I want...sorta.  I choose to sub about once a week so that Russell can watch Ty while I'm gone.  I decided that I definitely like to sub for elementary school more than high school because they treat you more like a special guest rather than a free ride to get away with stuff.  Now that school year is over, I don't substitute teach anymore (duh), but I did manage to write down a few funny things that were said/written over the last couple of months!

 -"What's your name" (I tell him)  "Oh, well my grandma performs at the Tropicana.  Gladys Knight--I'm sure you've heard of her..." -Gladys Knight's grandson (Whoops--I think you just dropped a name there...)

-"Everyone keeps saying you look just like Taylor Swift."  -5th-grade girl
-Same girl, about 15 minutes later, "Can I call you Taylor Swift?  'Cause you seriously look just like her."  (Uh, I'm flattered, I guess, but I really don't look anything like Miss Swift.)

4th-grade end of the year reflection responses:
 -"What I learned in 4th grade was its not all about you but the people around you.  That you can't always just care about yourself because no one will be like you."  -C.  (Very reflective!)
 -"I got to go to the water park.  It was luxorios." -T. (I'm not sure I've ever heard a water park described that way, but if that's how you feel, my man, live it up.)
 -"I also learned withitness and perserverence skills.  And i got better at tetherball." -S.  (Ordered from least to most important, I'm sure.)

And my absolute favorite:
 -"It was a prety good year ecsept for the constant learning." -A.  (Dang--what kind of awful school do you go to?  All that learning is exactly what's wrong with education these days!)

I'm sure there were lots more funny moments, but now I'll be smart enough to remember to write them down. Happy summer break, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment