Monday, October 11, 2010

Reno!

Ty and I took a 1-day trip to Reno, his first stomping grounds. Why? Well, for a few reasons:
1. Close a bank account in Reno we were no longer using.
2. Meet with the new Drama/Speech and Debate teacher and give him my materials and such.
3. Visit with people and prove that I really had a baby and not just a big appetite for 9 months
4. Because Russell is nice and noticed that I was in need of some NorNev love.

We flew in at 8 a.m. and out at 8 p.m. Now that I think about it, spending more time might have been a good idea because there were people that I didn't get to see (and never get to spend enough time with anyone) and I could have gone over to Fairfield. I really didn't want to have to pack for a long trip, especially without Russell--remember my summer? Yeah, not fun--and wasn't sure how Ty would do. He got a little fussy being thrown off of his regular schedule, but slept on the airplane during both flights and didn't have any big blow-outs, so I really can't complain! I'm sure we'll visit again (with Russell and for longer). In some ways it felt like I never left. I love my people in Reno. Very much.

Ty's first airplane ride. (He passed on the peanuts.)
Stacy (Ty's future counselor) and Ty after Spanish class. We learned the alphabet and how to introduce ourselves.

Traveling with Mama Michelle back to "home base" at her house.
At Chili's with a bunch of Stead Ward ladies and kids! (We really had a big group, I just wasn't smart enough to get a picture before most people left.)
Julie got to meet her old room(womb)mate! I stayed with Julie for about 3 weeks after Russell left until the end of the school year. We would play with Ty in my belly sometimes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment