Monday, October 11, 2010

2 Month Check up!

2 months? Isn't Ty older than that? Yes, he is, but thanks to our jacked up insurance-getting, we weren't able to see a doctor until last Thursday. I was excited, but he was already a little cranky, so he was exceptionally unhappy for his shots. It was past the coveted feeding time (and for those of you who have been around Ty when he's hungry, you know he's demanding about his food), but I didn't expect to be at the doctor for 2 hours...my fault, I guess. Anyway, at 10 weeks and 5 days Ty's stats are:

Weight: 12 lbs. 15 oz. (63%)
Height: 24.5 inches (86%)
Head: 16.25 inches (69%)

Hooray for our growing boy! It comes as no surprise that he's longer than most babies; he's wearing some 6 month sleepers because he stretches out his 3 month ones when he straightens his legs. I'm afraid that he's getting so big and isn't a baby anymore...And then I see Russell hold him and Ty looks teeny still. I'm glad that we have a healthy, hearty baby. He's a lot less fragile than he used to be, but still reminds me that he's not very strong when his neck gives out and he bonks his head against my face/shoulder/cheek about once a day. It's nice to know that he's growing into his head. At his 3-day appointment, he was in the 97th percentile! We're trying to help his little brain grow inside his head, too. I'm trying to get out more and do things so that he'll have different things and people to look at, too. Ya know, trying some of that "good mothering," whatever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment