Monday, September 12, 2011

The Apple of His Eye

I have green eyes.  This picture, my drivers license, and many other sources can attest to this fact.  Unfortunately, Russell is not one of those sources.  My eyes are green, have been for years, and there's not really much dispute about it. Unless, of course you're Russell.

Last night as we were going to bed, I was being goofy and telling him that he needed to kiss me good-night with his eyes open so that he was sure he was kissing the right person.  Here's what went down:

R: "I don't need to keep my eyes open.  I already know what you look like.  You have pretty brown hair, blue eyes...uhhh...blue-green eyes..."
C: "What?!"
R: "You didn't let me finish!"
C: "Oh, you're finished, alright."
R: "I was just saying that your eyes are..."
C: "Whatever, Russell.  Who HAVE you been kissing?!  Maybe it is a good idea for you to keep your eyes open."
R: "No, I was saying..."
C: "Oh, what were you saying?  I'm sorry--go ahead."
R: "You're eyes are...green.  I said the wrong color."
C: "Yup.  Are Mandy Moore's eyes blue?"
R: "No--I don't even know!"
C: "Yeah, it's obvious that you don't pay too much attention to eye color."
R: "I love you?"
C: "Love you, too.  I trust you.  Good night."

You  have to know that this conversation was interrupted many times with fits of laughter. I'm glad that we have fun together and that Russell keeps things nice and...fresh.  You blue-eyed brunettes had better watch out!  :)

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of when Ben and I first started dating and his parents asked him what I looked like. His response about hair color was "Uh, I don't know. It's kind of reddish, brownish, blondish."
    Which it is, so I guess he was right.

    ReplyDelete