Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer Vacation Part 1: The Woods

This summer after our 6-week stint in Reno, we followed my side o' the family out to Windsor, CA. (I think I mentioned some of this in the Tie Party post...)  We used to come to this part of the land every summer when we were little before our Disneyland days and stay in a family-owned cabin.  Since we were only about 20 miles away from the old cabin (which has since been sold), we went to check it out and walk around in Armstrong Woods, a frequent stop during our cabin stay.  The redwoods and other trees were huge and cool-looking.  The little kids had fun walking on the trails, but my sibs and I had fun walking down memory lane.  As Leslie pointed out, it smelled like our summers back in the day.  

Ty definitely did not want to stay in his stroller the whole time!

Part o' the gang
The Espinoza family (my sis and so on)
I know we have pictures in front of this tree (or one just like it somewhere else close by).  The little plates on it give years and events that the tree shows rings for.  I hope they didn't kill it just to show what it had lived through...that would be depressing.
Mor-mor, Far-far, and the grandsons.  :)
Lel and I at a very...interesting looking tree.  No, we didn't match on purpose.  (At least, I didn't...she always be trying to dress like me.)
...And we're still walking.  Tis a very peaceful and lovely place.  If you're in the area, stop by.
Yeah, we really couldn't prevent this from happening.  Dirty little thing.
Uncle Kai with Sawyer and Ty.  I think their little switcheroo is funny: Soy is taking Ty's binky while Ty's grabbing Soy's hat!
Aaaand he's out.  Ty, that is.  Russell did a good job of walking and staying awake.
We checked around for hunters and didn't see any, so Bambi and his mom are safe.  Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment