Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Snuggle-upagus.

Much to the delight of his parents, Ty is a snuggler.  He's especially cuddly when he's falling asleep or wakes up from a nap crying.  We like it.  Not one for exclusion, though, Ty has taken his cuddling to new heights with his wide assortment of "cuddle buddies."  I've decided for posterity's sake, that I need to make a list of the things he's snuggled with.  In no particular order:
-A travel-size bottle of lotion: Ty was playing with it in church when I guess he got sleepy.  He held that peach citrus-scented bottle up to his face while he slept.

-A Toothbrush: This kid loves his toothbrush and doesn't like letting it go.  Thankfully, Ty's much better about getting his teeth brushed than he was about a week ago.  Finally, I got smart and got him 1 or 2 extra toothbrushes to hold while I brushed his teeth.  It used to be that a fit would erupt when we were done brushing, headed to bed, and I had to pry Ty's 5-year-old sized fingers off of the toothbrush.  I would be a liar if I said that he hasn't slept with it before.  (Usually we snag it once he's fallen asleep.)  If he has it in his hand, he'll snuggle his bristley little friend.
-Markers/pens: Much like the toothbrush, Ty likes to hold on to markers and pens, which is fine until he learns how to take the lids off.  Just yesterday his nap began with a good cuddle with the yellow crayola marker.
-My wedding ring:  I think I was playing with it and Ty put it on his own finger/thumb.  Before I knew it, it was pressed up against his cheek as his eyes were closing.  I didn't let him take that one to bed; it's now safely on my finger.
-Blankets: Boring, I know, but if this list is to be complete, this needs to be on there.  Ty seems to have a preference for silky-sided blankets and will grab a corner/bunch and bring it up to his cheek, sometimes over his face. He also does this to play peek-a-boo...maybe we just take too long and he falls asleep.
-Russell's tie:  During church (which must be a hard place to fall asleep) Ty has occasionally laid on Russell's lap, grabbed Russell's tie and put it over his sleepy eyes like a sleep mask. Whatever works.
-The Bear wearing a lion: Ty received this little blanket bear as a newborn, which he likes probably because of the silky side.  This is what he'll sometimes bring out of the crib with him.  Since it's small, I don't mind too much.  It also doesn't require batteries, make any noises, or provide a choking hazard, so I guess it's good.  It's kind of become Ty's signal to take a nap, too.  He doesn't need it to sleep, but when I hand it to him, he immediately snuggles into it.  I guess he's had a little practice...this is at 7 weeks old:

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment