Sunday, June 3, 2012

Firsts: Cookies, Bowling, and Ice Cream Cones

Have you ever had clothes a size or 2 too big for your child hanging in the closet, waiting for the kid to fit into them and then by the time you realize it fits, they only get to wear it a couple of times?  Well, that only loosely applies, but I wanted to make sure that we cover some "kid" events that I didn't realize he was old enough for.  Obviously he is, and we'll be repeating these multiple times. :)

#1: BAKING COOKIES
While Russell was gone at Scouts (?), Ty-Ty and I donned our aprons and set to work making some good ol' chocolate chip cookies.  He did a great job dumping stuff in...and out while he was trying to stir.
 When I was mixing the batter with the beaters, Ty kept saying, "Treat!  Treat?" And, even though it does contain raw egg (hasn't made either one of us sick yet...), I let him lick off a beater.  He was having a hard time waiting, though, and wanted to lick one after I had just mixed sugar and butter.

 What a goofball!
 Here you can see how long the little apron was on him!  Maybe I should make him his own that's a little smaller and slightly more masculine.  (Add it to the list/pile of "things I'm going to sew."  Feel free to step in and do that for him, anyone.)  Can't have cookies without milk, though.
 Ty did enjoy the finished product.  Unfortunately, so did Russell and I--probably a bit too much!
 #2: BOWLING
I've been wanting to go bowling for a while since we hadn't gone in at least 2+ years and Ty likes anything to do with a ball, so when we were invited to go with some friends, we jumped on that.  Next time we go, we should request to bowl in a separate room so I don't have to keep chasing an overly-excited Ty down as he runs from the lane to the vending machines to the brightly-colored balls, trying to pick them all up and all over the place! 
 Playing on this end of the ball return was much, much safer because of course Ty wanted to stick his hands where the bowling balls would pop out. Those things are dangerous! 

 Russell and I took turns letting Ty bowl one of our frames.  He had a fun time using the metal walker-looking thing sometimes and rolling the ball (that luckily made it all the way down the lane although it usually looked like it was going to come to a stop in the middle) off the bumpers. 
 Luckily, we were already done with our game, so it was okay if he touched the screen.  There was just so much new stuff to play with when we were "Bowling Ball" as Ty kept calling it.  :)
 #3: ICE CREAM CONE
How did we take so long to get him his first ice cream cone?!  He has definitely had ice cream before, I guess I'm just not adventurous enough to let him make a mess in a cone.  Ty is a notoriously slow eater, so of course this was just a huge, drippy mess waiting to happen.  I should have stripped him down.
 Of course he liked it and kept telling us, "I cweam cone--yummy!" while he ate. We had to convince him that he should take bites of the cone and not just suck on it, too.
 "Funny!"
Having a Ty around is fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment