Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day/End of School!

Friday was a holiday we (but mainly Russell) has looked forward to for years: his last day of class--ever.  No more lectures, no more scheduled tests and group presentations--aside from the major one next May and the licensing exam in June, of course.  Anyway, Russell will start his clinical rotations in a few weeks, but the "school" part of his graduate program is over with.  So, here he is on his very last day of class: happy.  :)
 As if celebrating classes being over wasn't enough, we decided to throw a little bit of Father's Day love in there!  Russell was very easy about his demands for the day (uhh...none) and we had a nice, relaxing Sunday together.  He requested barbecue meatballs (bbq sauce, not meatballs thrown on the grill) with rice and homemade ice cream sandwiches for dessert, I made snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches Saturday afternoon.  Like a dummy, however, I forgot to check how many meatballs we had in the freezer.  [We recommend the big bag of frozen ones from Costco--just as cheap as ground beef and way easier to make.]  Since I haven't eaten meatballs in months due to their incredible lack of appeal over the past few months, I didn't realize we only had about 12.  Oops.  I had the sauce simmering on the stove by the time I made this realization, so we threw in some chicken, too.  It turned out pretty good still. 

Earlier in the week, Ty and I went to buy Russell's Father's Day presents.  He may or may not have already purchased the tool-thingy, so that was easy.  He also asked for those Ninja Turtle glasses months ago and subsequently forgot we had purchased them to be given at a later date.  I ordered Russell a gift card to a go kart track place in Vegas he's been to a few times before, which was actually (I think) a welcome surprise. 
 When I asked Ty what he wanted to get Daddy, he thought about it and said, "Wubbypops!  Daddy--wubbypups." So we went to the store and picked out a bag of lollipops.  On Sunday I told Ty we could go and wrap presents for Daddy to which he replied, "Wubbypups, Daddy, present!  Daddy,  wubbypups!"  I think it's adorable that he remembered what his present was and was excited to give it to him.
 I'm sure Ty wasn't expecting to share in Russell's gift at all...course not.  Oh, and the girls give you the gift of not being born yet.  That's about as good as they can do...
We love you, Russell and are glad you're the dad of this family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment