Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Middle-of-the-Night Song

Last night as I was rolling out of bed at 3 a.m. I made up this song.  I'm surprised I still remember something from 3 a.m. and that it's been stuck in my head all day; I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed.  Anyway, without further adieu, my 3 a.m. ballad (to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know it"):

In the middle of the night I gotta go.
Roll myself out of the bed and gotta go.
But now really, it's okay--
I wasn't comfy anyway!
In the middle of the night I gotta go.

Is it appropriate?  For all (most) occasions, no.  For me, big and pregnant at 3 a.m., it sure is fitting.  Pardon me for indulging in my "creative" side.  Hope everyone else out there sleeps well tonight.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Love it! I think any pregnant woman or those who have gone through it have sung that song plenty of times I know i have, I just didn't know the words or the tune. : )

    ReplyDelete