Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Our Clean-cut Funny Face


Ty's hair was looking a little shaggy around the ears and neck and because I had a $4.99 coupon for Great Clips, I decided that $5 (plus tip) was worth seeing if someone else could make his hair look better than I can.  Results: they can.  :)

Before side shot:
 Before front shot, complete with awesome penguin cape that we looked at and talked about when he had to look down while the back of his hair was being cut.
I think this is funny because Ty looks upset but he really was pretty good the whole time!  Other people in the...uh...salon commented on how well he was doing and how smart he is; we said the alphabet and counted a few times to get his mind off of his head.  He was mad about having hair all over him.
 Things got a little better after I told him we were going to style his new 'do then get him a lollipop.
And here it is: a blue dum-dum "wubbypup!"  He really did earn it and when asked over the next day or so about his haircut he responded with, "Hair, cut, penguin, wubbypup."
 Just before going to bed the other night when we were brushing his teeth, Ty discovered that he can make a "silly face" in the mirror.  He was CRACKING himself up!  (Please ignore the dirty mirror from him splashing water all over it."
 "Funny!"
 Tonight he asked to go brush his teeth so that he could make his silly face in the mirror again.  Apparently, the face isn't being made/nearly as funny if he can't see it!

1 comment:

  1. That boy is so cute. I didn't tell you a funny story the other day when we talked. A couple of months ago we babysat an 18-month old overnight. Her mom is crazy and has already potty-trained her, so when she told me she had to go, I'd just take her in and she'd do her biz. Well, she became fascinated with our bathroom, so she'd tell me every 10 minutes that she needed to go. I don't know how often little kids have to pee, so I kept taking her. Then I realized she just really liked our shower curtain, or something. Now, whenever they come over, she always wants to go play in the bathroom. Kids are wierd. =) But, yours is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete