Monday, June 4, 2012

"They're almost viable babies!"

It's true; now that I'm officially 24 weeks along, if by some crazy chance the girls decided to come now, they would have a chance of survival.  This is by no means in our plans we still have lots to do before they come:
-go to Fairfield to watch Sawyer and Carl while Lel works later this week
-go to Oklahoma for our long-overdue, but sure-to-be-fun visit
-move out of our apartment and into a house
-pack for said move
-unpack from moving
-attend Groves (my mom's side) family reunion in Southern Utah
-celebrate Ty's 2nd birthday and our 4th anniversary
-spend a few days in Vegas with my fam visiting
-other stuff

So you see, little ladies, coming now would not be convenient, nor would it be advised.  I do not feel any sort of inkling like they are coming, but it's kind of relieving once we get to this point.  

I'm sure I was sending mixed signals about them staying in the womb when I'm dancing and shakin' it around a stage in the 70's and 80's show dance recital last week!

 Ty got to meet Baby Milo Hansen, new little (and I mean little--barely 4 lbs!) boy of our friends to whom we owe loads of babysitting. 
 Ty was very sweet giving Milo kisses and pointing out parts of his face.  He even would interrupt playing with his football or Hercules the dog to come over and say, "Hi Miyo."
 Official 24 weeks picture.  Maybe it's the angle, but I don't think I look too big here...at least not as big as I feel sometimes.
 Ty was looking for his "baby sit-ters" under my shirt.  He knows there in there somewhere...

2 comments:

  1. Carolyn you look great! I still can't believe you are having twins... it is so exciting. When you say you are moving into a house, are you buying a house or renting? Either way it is very exciting to live in a house after being in apartments for so long... although as soon as we bought our house the basement flooded - twice!!! It made me wish we were renting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Russell has 1 year of school left down here, we're just renting. It would be a GREAT time to buy, but it's just not the best thing to do without knowing where we'll land once he gets a job, not to mention the whole lack of income thing... Let's hope you have no more flooding! And congrats to you guys on the expected little one, too!

    ReplyDelete