Saturday, September 21, 2013

Shout out to Naps.

I'd like to send a special "thank you" to naps today.  My children needed you and you were there, naps.  Way to go.  Here's why you were needed:
  • Ty woke up at 6:30. Doesn't he know by now that kids aren't supposed to wake up early in this family?
  • Ty was cranky and whiny about...well, just about everything.  For example: he was mad I finished changing Lila's diaper instead of playing baseball right away with him.
  • When playing baseball (in our living room; don't worry, the ball is squishy), Ty cried and threw the plastic bat because I threw him a bad pitch.
  • I dropped a diaper down the stairs to throw out in the trash and it exploded.  I had a big ol' mess to clean up.
  • Lila cried because she couldn't go down the 2 steps to the play room from the hallway.
  • Avery had a melt down because Ty took my phone away from her.  I took it away from both of them.  C'mon, guys. 
  • Ty told me a sassy, "NO!" to just about every request.
  • Lila and Avery followed me into the bathroom (great) and then Ty closed the door on us when I asked him not to, causing the babies to cry.  And I was still just trying to use the dang restroom.
  • I didn't go to bed as early as I should have, but didn't bake the cookies I was supposed to have ready for today, so I still needed to do that.  Plus I was tired.
  • Ty freaked out because he didn't have his clothes on yet.
  • And so on.
SO, thank you, thank you.  I now have cookies made, plated, and ready to go, the diaper mess cleaned up, and clothes on.  Let's hope this afternoon is much better.  I know you have magical powers that turn cranky-pants children (and adults) into the happy ones we know and love. We'll probably use your services again.  Come around any time, naps.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment